All videos -Growing Up-Growing up in Houston, TX, as the oldest of six children, Yolanda was born on August 27, 1961. She lived in a house filled with music and love. Her mother studied music and Yolanda heard everything from Gospel legends James Cleveland and the Edwin Hawkins Singers to jazz icon Nancy Wilson to pop/R&B great Stevie Wonder. Those different styles of music, as well as a strong presence in the church, helped to shape Yolanda as a singer as well as a person.
Yolanda Gets DiscoveredAs an adult and lead singer with the Southeast Inspirational Choir, this former school teacher of seven years caught the attention of the well-known composer/producer Thomas Whitfield. He helped her release her first album on a small Gospel label in 1987 and that release led to subsequent releases on Tribute Records.
Stepping into the MainstreamA little over ten years, several Stellar Awards and Grammy nominations and many powerful concerts later, Yolanda signed with Elektra Records, a mainstream heavyweight. Her first release with Elektra went multi-platinum, won several awards and successfully made the cross over to the secular market without watering down or compromising her message at all.
A New LabelRestructuring at her label left her on hiatus for nearly four years, until 2005 when she released a new album with Atlantic. Not that she sat around doing nothing - she kept touring and started laying the groundwork for her Voice of an Angel Foundation, which focuses on mentoring high school students to help them find a career in education. Yolanda also started working with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources to ensure that kids in low-income areas receive immunizations. bible society, bible society, bible society,
Touching the WorldYolanda has touched audiences worldwide, and they in turn have made their impact upon her. ”I believe that fans enhance your career. They draw out of me what they need and that’s how I’m able to write the songs. It inspires me to feel their love and appreciation. It’s like what Sally Fields said when she won the Oscar, “You like me! You really like me!” I never take that for granted, and each year and each album I am humbled that there are people who want to hear my songs. It’s truly amazing.”Yolanda Adams Trivia:
- Yolanda graduated from Sterling High School in Houston in 1979.
- She graduated from college at Texas Southern University and went to work as a school teacher.
- In 1997, Yolanda Adams married former NFL player Tim Crawford.
- Their daughter, Taylor Ayanna, was born in 2001. (yolanda music, yolanda lyrics, yolanda i believe lyrics)
- Yolanda and Tim divorced in 2004.
- Adams has won 4 GRAMMYs, 4 Doves, 1 American Music Award, 6 NAACP Image Awards, 1 Soul Train Music Award and 3 BET Awards.
- Yolanda is one of the hosts on "The Morning Show" on Radio One (read more...) 7th day adventist theology,7th day adventist theology,7th day adventist theology, university seventh day adventist church, adventist website, online bible study degree, biblical studies online, online biblical studies, biblical studies, bible studies online, onlinebible, bible videos, the bible online, the end is near, 7th day adventist theology, university seventh day adventist church, adventist website, online bible study degree, biblical studies online, online biblical studies, biblical studies, bible studies online, onlinebible, bible videos, the bible online, the end is near,